Guadalajara Reporter

Sunday
Jan 27th
Text size
Home News Pacific Coast Body of missing Canadian found near Barra de Navidad

Body of missing Canadian found near Barra de Navidad

Sources tell the Guadalajara Reporter that the body of a man found in wasteland near the coastal town of Barra de Navidad Tuesday morning has been identified as Ron Lloyd Mackintosh, a Canadian expatriate who was reported missing on October 22.

A source at the Barra de Navidad police station told the Reporter that a municipal patrol found the body about one kilometer from the center of the popular beach resort, near the turnoff to Jaluco.

He said either a family member or friend had been taken to the scene to identify Mackintosh, who originates from British Columbia. Other sources confirmed that a friend of Mackintosh identified him at the site, noting that the body was tied to a tree.   

A forensic team was still working at the scene mid-afternoon Tuesday.

Mackintosh was last seen around 5:15 p.m. on Sunday, October 21 on Calle Gomez Farias in Melaque, where he dropped off a friend in his black, B.C.-licensed 2008 Jeep Patriot.  Friends say he intended to drive home but never arrived. His girl friend reported him missing to police on Monday, October 22.

According to Global News BC, Mackintosh is from the Comox Valley area of Vancouver Island. He recently retired from his job at Koers and Associates Engineering in Parksville and moved to Barra.

Mackintosh had his dog with him at the time of his disappearance.  Neither the dog or the vehicle were found together with MacKintosh's body, sources say.

Comments   

0 # mammyredGuest 2012-11-06 23:18
A sad day. My prayers go out to Mack's family and friends, and his partner. So sorry to hear about this.
Love, Donna Dee
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # Sad DaysGuest 2012-11-08 14:53
My thoughts and prayers go out to this man's family and friends. It makes me wonder what is happening there. My family and I were recently in Barra & Melaque and loved the area and the people. I hope whomever is responsible for this it caught and punished accordingly.

0 # Very SadGuest 2012-11-18 14:19
Our hearts go out to the family and friends of this Canadian. God Speed!

Add comment

The views and opinions expressed in the comment section are NOT endorsed by the Guadalajara Reporter.

Refresh

RCHUB rc news information guides helicopter planes cars Electronics Accessories - Free Shippping