Enthusiasts of cactuses should head down to the Museo de Paleontologia (Paleontology Museum) Sunday, July 5 to see a magnificent exhibit of more than 100 top-class varieties presented by Cactofilos Guadalajara.
The museum is located at Avenida Doctor R. Michel 520, across from the entrance to the Agua Azul Park.
The curious and imaginative mind of Zacatecas artist Alejandro Nava shines through in his fun exhibit, “Ironias de la Soledad,” up at the Museo de las Artes de la Universidad de Guadalajara (Av. Juarez 975) until October. The show includes 22 sculptures and 32 medium- and small-format oil paintings.
The Plaza de la Liberacion in Guadalajara will host the third edition of the Feria Jalisco de Turismo Para Todos (Jalisco Tourism Fair For Everyone) from Friday, July 10 through Sunday, July 12. The event will feature booths from 33 Jalisco municipalities and 52 tourism service providers.
Many will be offering accessibly priced tourism packages for the summer holiday season. Tourism Promotion Director Miguel Gonzalez expects around 20,000 visitors to the fair each day. There is no charge.
Who needs Miss Universe? These eight local girls are vying for the great honor of becoming the 2015 Mariachi Festival Ambassador. The winner will be announced in the coming weeks, just in time for the annual Guadalajara bash, scheduled this year from August 27 to September 6. Look for more details in coming editions.
Expo Guadalajara has a slightly reduced schedule of trade shows and conferences during July. Here’s a selection.
- Publicitaria Expo, publicity show. July 8-10. www.publicitaria.mx.
- Intermoda 2015, fashion industry show, July 14-17. http://intermoda.com.mx.
- Campus Party Mexico, geared at the young and geeky, everything in electronics and IT development, July 22-26. http://mexico.campus-party.org.
- 4th International Congress of Applied Plant Nutriton and Physiology. July 30-August 1. www.intagri.com.
- Expo Vuelve a la Escuela, back to school show with many offers. July 31-August 2. www.vuelvealaescuela.com.